Monday, August 5, 2013

Kenzie's Introduction and AWESOME back-to-school freebie




Hello to all of our wonderful readers,

My name is Kenzie, and I am moving from Michigan to Texas next week to teach 2nd grade!  While I love Michigan with all my heart and absolutely love my kiddos in Detroit,  I am excited to move on to my next big adventure.  

I am finishing up my master's degree in Educational Policy at the University of Michigan.  In the past, I student-taught in a 5th grade classroom in a Spanish/English Dual Language Immersion program.  I spent some time working at a school as an elementary and middle school Spanish teacher, and also spent a few months as a volunteer teacher in Nicaragua.  That was an incredible experience, as I love connecting with others, improving my conversational Spanish language skills, and immersing myself in other cultures.  I am still very interested in the effectiveness of dual language programs, language acquisition in youth, and the education of the children of migrant workers.

There is nothing I love more than watching as the personalities in my classroom mingle.  I love watching students work out their problems, work hard to learn new skills, and use their creativity as they work on projects.  I believe that kids are naturally creative and compassionate, and that children should continue to work on these important traits.  This is why I love infusing community service activities into my instruction.  Some of my other most enjoyed activities include camping, world exploration, kayaking, swimming, and cooking.  

I look forward to connecting with each and every one of you!

Wishing you all the best this school year,

:-)  Kenzie from Kenzie's Treehouse on TpT

P.S. --- There is still time to enter our giveaway!  Scroll down on this blog post, enter, and share with your teacher friends!



My free product is a "get to know you" activity for your students.  This activities encourages students to talk to each other, and it also helps them build writing skills.  After you've "liked" The Learning Highway on Facebook and followed me on Teachers Pay Teachers please help yourself to a get-to-know you product!
Also, please feel free to check out my store's facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment