Monday, December 1, 2014

A NEW APPROACH TO TEST PREP.... SAY NO TO DRILL & KILL


Looking for a way to practice boring grammar skills? Tired of boring worksheets that your students dread?  Then you have to try Roll and Rewrite Grammar Cubes. I made these a couple months ago and they have been a permanent staple of my literacy/writing centers.  The full product has over 21 different cubes that you can put together. Once you build them you can use the cubes all year long.  I mix up the cubes to keep them fun, and I add in new ones as I introduce new skills.  Student roll the cubes and then they rewrite the sentence that they roll on their answer sheets. Grammar Cubes are a fun twist to the boring test "drill and kill."
Whole Group Instruction/Independent Practice:
They can also be used as a way to master a new skill. After teaching or reviewing a concept, I will give these to my students to see if they understand how to apply the new skill. Pass out dice and have students assemble and then roll to practice their newly learned skill. I do this and have them practice with a partner.  If you have the kiddos assemble ,then you can use the dice they put together later centers.  Great time saver!!




Download a freebie of this product here:
CLICK BELOW FOR THE FULL PRODUCT:

 

1 comment:

  1. One Day Tirupati Tour Package From Chennai in shadhanasricabs.We offer different Tirupati Packages.Book Tirupati holiday packages in shadhanasricabs .
    One Day Tirupati Tour Package From Chennai

    ReplyDelete