Monday, May 19, 2014

Stitchfix Review for May :-)

            I have a new Stitchfix update for all of our readers.  I had originally decided not to order another Stitchfix for a while because I needed to save some money.  However, two people clicked on my referral link last time, so I had $50 of credit waiting for me.  I couldn't resist!  If you missed my first Stitchfix Review, click here to go back and read it.

 (A huge thanks goes out to those two people who clicked --- I don't know who you are, but you rock!)
          
          When I signed on to Stitchfix this time, I told them that I was interested in pieces that would be good for travel since I am planning some summer adventures.  I also told them not to be afraid to be BOLD!  I like fun colors and fun prints.  
           
         As an elementary teacher, one would think that I possess an infinite amount of patience.    When it comes to surprises, however, I have zero patience.  As soon as I knew that my fix was being sent, I logged into my account to find out what they were sending me.  I also googled these items so that I could see pictures of people wearing them!    When I saw all the items, I knew I was in trouble.  I had planned on only keeping one item from the very beginning since I wanted to save money.  I liked all of the items!

        When the box arrived, I ripped it open and held a little fashion show in my bedroom.  I was almost hoping some items wouldn't fit so that giving them up wouldn't be too difficult!  

1.) Harriet Aztec Print Fit and Flare Dress (top left in the picture above)  ---- I liked this dress, but it didn't "wow" me when it was on.  The price wasn't worth keeping it.

2.) Jenna Bermuda Shorts (top right) ---- I liked the color of these, but they were nothing different than something you might see at Target or Old Navy, and the price tag was heftier.

3.) Skylar Asymmetrical Zip Up Jacket (middle) ---- This is the item I chose to keep.  It is unlike anything I already own, I have never seen something like it in stores, it was very comfortable, and would also be very practical for plane rides.  It was a little bit pricey, but the quality was great!  See the picture below.

4.)   Kahlo Maxi Dress (bottom right)  --- I absolutely LOVE maxi dresses and had seen this on other blog posts about stitchfix.  I wanted it!  When I knew it would be sent to me, I thought almost certainly that it would be item that I would choose to keep.  However, when I tried it on, it was too loose in some areas and wasn't the most flattering.

5.)  Madeleina Embroidery Detail Tank (bottom left)  --- This was an item that I knew I would wear a lot.  The price was very reasonable and it was comfortable.  Since I was only planning to keep one item, however, I did send this tank back.  See the pictures of the tank below!

Do you want to try Stitchfix?  Click here to get started!

-Kenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment